Saturday May 4 – 11 Retreat 2024
Ready to take a journey of renewal, self-discovery and adventure? Join Sylvie Horvath of Soul Dimension for an intimate 7 night/8 day immersive retreat experience in the beautiful Unesco World Heritage City of Sintra, Portugal. Participants will be invited to deeply relax and restore body and mind with daily yoga, healing breathwork, mantra/prayer, Yoga Nidra, and have personal time to relax and explore our amazing location.
Our journey begins on Saturday, May 4th at our exclusive retreat location – Casa Do Valle, located at the edge of the historical city and National Park. We’ll be nestled in the mountains, surrounded by the beautiful lush gardens and spectacular views of the valley, mountains, and royal palaces.
We’ll settle into our tranquil setting and accommodations at Casa Do Valle for 7 nights, where participants will be invited to get immersed in a daily ritual of yoga, breathing sessions, Yoga Nidra, and mantra practice.
A major theme for the retreat will be on integrating the powerful and transformative practices of mantra and prayer into daily life for cultivating greater well-being. You’ll be guided to create your own personally meaningful phrases, mantras, and affirmations to repeat daily, as well as learn the science behind how and why the repetition of mantras and affirmations are powerful tools for healing, transformation, and spiritual growth.
Casa Do Valle & Sintra
Some Retreat Highlights: Included in the retreat are 3 daily healthy and delicious meals, a guided forest bath (“Shinrin Yoku”), a lunch and Tour of The Pena Palace and Gardens- considered to be one of the “best expressions of 19th century Romanticism in the world.” We’ll also enjoy an afternoon coastal hike and relaxing beach time, explore the coastal villages Praia das Macas and Azenhas do Mar, Colares beach. We’ll end the afternoon excursion with a delicious dinner in a seaside restaurant. And, while in Portugal… You may want to partake in an “add on” winery tour and tapas style dinner, which will be offered at either the Vale da Roca or Casal Sta Maria.
What is Shinrin Yoku? – Awaken your senses and feel renewed in the harmonizing, healing energy of nature! The practice will be in a neighboring “fairy tale like” forest area of the Natural Park of Sintra. This is a guided nature meditation that takes approximately 2 hours. Learn more in this Shrinrin Yoko video.
The retreat is intended to be a wonderful experience that is relaxing, meditative, and thoroughly enjoyable! So rest assured that you will also have ample time to go with your own flow to take in spa treatments, relax by the pool, stroll in the gardens, hike in the neighboring National Park, and explore the historical city!
About Your Host Sylvie Horvath
Hi, I’m Sylvie, your guide for this retreat. I have been a yoga instructor, breathwork facilitator, spiritual guide, and adventurer for over 35 years. I love to travel and explore different cultures, soul inspiring locations, and to share these experiences with friends, as well as make new ones.
My life and teaching are inspired by the wisdom of Yoga, Ayurveda, Pranayama and breathwork, and how to skillfully integrate these transformative practices into the tapestry of our lives for living from the deep heart, experiencing vibrant health, joy, and personal growth.
Sylvie is the creator of the Soul Dimension Breathing technique which emerged from her over 30 years of pranayama breathing practices. The technique combines the ancient wisdom of yoga pranayama, chakras and energy, sound healing, and science-based knowledge on how to influence the physiology and mind with breathing.
Sylvie received a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin– Milwaukee. She studied Ayurveda at The Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico under Dr. Vasant Lad. She is an Ayurvedic counselor and a certified instructor of the Amrit Yoga Method – a hatha yoga based, kundalini yoga inspired practice created by Sri Yogi Amrit Desai, the founder of Kripalu and Amrit Yoga.
- Single Standard Accommodations $2,780 (2 rooms left)
- Double $2,385
- Single Superior Accommodations $2,965 ( sold out)
- Double $2,495
What’s Included in the Retreat Price
- 7 nights accommodations at Casa Do Valle (single or double occupancy)
- 3 delicious, healthy meals per day (Vegetarian with some meat and fish options available).
- Above includes some meals in local restaurants to experience the culture and cuisine.
- A guided “Shinrin Yoku” – Forest Bath – in the National Park
- Tour of Pena Palace and lunch
- Coastal hike, beach time and yoga. Dinner by the sea at Azenhas do Mar, Colares beach
- Daily morning yoga/breathwork/meditation
- Afternoon workshops: healing breathwork, mantra/prayer, Yoga Nidra
- Unlimited water and self serve coffee and tea in the “conservatory”
- Use of pool, gardens and yoga space
- Transportation to and from the the Lisbon International Aiport (LIS) on May 4th and May 11th. (Does not include individual transportation outside the group schedule, such as arriving and/or leaving on a different date). Transportation will be organized for you based on your arrival on May 4th. The group will depart on May 11th on a private group shuttle to the airport.
What’s not Included in the Retreat Price
- Airfare to and from Lisbon International airport (LIS), in Lisbon, Portugal. Participants are advised to arrive by not later than 5 – 9 pm on Saturday, May 4th and book afternoon return flights (12pm or later) on Saturday, May 11th. Please note that if you want to stay in Portugal for extra time on the front or back side of the trip, any shuttle or transportation services outside of the group itinerary is at your own expense.
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Additional day excursions/tours
- Additional massage, spa and healing treatments
- Additional tour experiences
Reserve Your Space & Inquiries
Space is limited to 14 participants. Inquire now to check availability.
- Reserve your space with a minimum $1,500.00 Retreat Deposit by Zelle, PayPal or Bank Transfer.
- All payments are refundable until Jan 15th, minus $75 admin/cancellation fee. There are no refunds after April 5th. However, if we can fill your place, you will receive a full refund, minus any admin/cancellation fees incurred by the host.
- Inquire now. Please do not book any flights until your space is confirmed.